Meteorology, climate and atmosphere Group
The mission is to develop and use applied Meteorology, Climatology and Atmospheric Sciences to support the planning, development and management of energy system, with particular reference to the integration of renewable sources and the prevention / mitigation of meteorological risks.
Fields of activity:
- Application of meteorological modelling to assess the potential of renewable energies
- Numerical modelling for evaluating the impact of the electrical and energetic system on air quality and of the interactions with climate
- Forecasting of the variables that influence the management in the short and medium term of the electricity system as a whole
- Experimental studies and modelling of the relevant phenomena regarding the safety of the electrical network
- Impact of climate change on the electro-energetic system