RSE stands out for the highly technological and experimental approach it takes to the projects it deals with thanks to its large number of laboratories:
• HV laboratory for high voltage dielectric tests (rated values of up to 1600 kV AC and 700 kV DC).
• Test facility consisting of a LV smart grid equipped with distributed generators, cogenerators, storage systems and loads.
• Metal organic chemical vapour deposition (MOCVD) reactor and test equipment for concentrating solar power systems.
• Pollutant abatement process laboratory.
• Calibration laboratory for HV metering transformers and measuring instruments (accredited by the Italian accreditation service - SIT - No. 57).
• Environmental analysis laboratories: environmental metrology, chemistry, microbiology, Plateau Rosa carbon dioxide monitoring station, and meteorology.
• Laboratory for the production and characterization of superconducting systems.