Il messagio alla redazione del sito RSE è stato inviato
Il messaggio al referente RSE è stato inviato
i dati sono stati inseriti correttamente. Per attivare la registrazione, seleziona il link nel testo del messaggio appena inviato all’indirizzo email specificato.
The REALISEGRID project aims at developing a set of criteria, metrics, methodologies and tools to assess how the transmission infrastructure should be optimally developed to support the achievement of a reliable, competitive and sustainable electricity supply in the European Union (EU).
Planning the evolution of the European electricity transmission network is a complex task. Important issues have to be tackled and constitute a true challenge for today’s transmission system:
• integration of very large amounts of variable Renewable Energy Sources (RES), while keepingnetwork security and reliability at acceptable levels,
• balancing of renewable generation in Europe exceeding local needs, that requires to betransported elsewhere,
• aging of the present transmission grid,
• social and environmental constraints to get consensus for building new overhead lines,
• market liberalization, inducing further cross-border power exchanges that increase uncertaintiesand worsen congestion problems,
• increasing role of distributed generation and active demand: demand response programs at peakconsumption could help to relieve stress on European electricity system in the future.
Aim of REALISEGRID (REseArch, methodoLogIes and technologieS for the effective development of pan-European key GRID infrastructures to support the achievement of a reliable, competitive and sustainable electricity supply, web-site: http://realisegrid.rse-web.it) is to provide the scientific framework for a revision of the current transmission planning criteria in order to allow to design flexible, coordinated and secure transmission networks based on modern architectural schemes and including innovative technological solutions.
Rapporto di Sintesi
REseArch, methodoLogIes and technologieS for the effective development of pan-European key GRID infrastructures to support the achievement of a reliable, competitive and sustainable electricity supply (REALISEGRID)